Scootsee respects your privacy and we want you to know what we do with the personal information we have about you. If you do share your information with us, we’ll inform you of how we make use of it based on the method and why we collect the data.
- The kind of information we collect depends on the reason why you’re providing the information and the method we’re making use of it.
- If we gather personal information we always explain precisely what data we are collecting, the reason we’re collecting it, and the way we intend to make use of it.
- We gather information regarding our interactions and services directly from our users, and from third parties. We may combine the data we gather from these different sources.
We can alter the privacy policies periodically. If we make significant modifications, we will inform you of these changes prior to the change taking effect and notify you about your rights to object the changes.
The following details will give you an easy-to-read overview of what happens to your personal information when you visit our site. “Personal data” or “personal data” comprises all information that could be used to identify you personally. For more detailed information about the issue of data protection, look up the Data Protection Declaration, which we have provided beneath this page.
Personal data we collect
The information you provide us. On our website we may ask you to give us the following information:
- Registration of a vehicle account for the purpose of registering a new account
- Contact details, such as your name, address email address, and phone number.
- Data about your order, for example, the products you purchased and your purchase history. We don’t process the details of your payments, since it is handled by a third party service provider.
- Participation in community forums, interaction using social media, as well as participation in other forums
- Data on communication, for instance, when you call our customer support department or connect with us.
- Marketing data, for example, your personal preferences for marketing, as well as information related to competitions you’ve participated in or surveys you’ve completed.
- Joining to receive alerts and other information via text, email or text messages sent by Scootsee.
The information we collect about you. When you visit our website we typically collect the following information:
- Data on technical aspects, like data about the model of mobile device or PC internet connections, OS the web browser used and the IP address.
- Data about usage, including your clicks, navigation and page scrolling, on our website.
- Location data, like information about your location when you visit our website.
- Preference information, for example, information on the types of services, products and activities you have expressed you are interested in.
The reason we collect this information
- The legal basis we use to process your personal information is the fact that it is required to fulfill our commitment to you and to meet our legal obligations, as well as the legitimate interests of providing you to access our website as well as providing relevant products and information to you, as well as providing you a positive user experience. It also assists in the field of business development.
- The most important motives for which we make use of your personal information:
- to manage and complete your orders. To fulfill your orders we generally employ contact as well as order data.
- For bookkeeping purposes. In this regard we usually employ order information.
- For customer service and to take care of claims that might arise. To do this we generally make use of contact data such as order information and communications data.
- Access to the site and to enhance the user experience. To accomplish this we usually employ information about usage, technical data as well as location and preference data.
- If we discover delinquent payments, theft or fraud, we’ll provide this information to third service providers for debt collection or law enforcement.
- For analysis, like customer, market and product analysis. In this regard We typically employ aggregate data that might not be associated with you, but we might make use of order data or preferences data.
- To promote our products and services. To achieve this we usually make use of user data, location data, marketing data, and preferences data.
How we share this data
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Your privacy rights
Within the conditions/limitations set out in applicable law, you have the following privacy rights:
Right to be informed. You are entitled to request additional information about our processing of your personal information.
Right to access. You are entitled to obtain a copy your personal information.
Right to rectify. You are entitled to request that we correct your personal data if they is inaccurate or insufficient or inaccurate, for example, by altering the details of your account.
The right to be erased. You are entitled to request the deletion of your personal data if we are no longer in need of them.
The right to limit processing of personal information. You are entitled to request us to cease our processing of your personal information.
Right to data portability. You are entitled to request personal information you provide for us to be in a form which permits you to transmit the personal information to another company. Additionally, you may be entitled to have your personal information transfer directly to the company.
The right to oppose the processing personal information. You are entitled to protest against our processing of your personal data for example, you can unsubscribe from marketing emails.
If you suspect we’ve processed your personal information in a way that’s not in line with the law regarding data protection We hope you get in touch with us so we can offer you the correct information and resolve any confusion.
308 Centre St,